The Next Workshop is on 23/9/2012.
I have designed this workshop to give people a good fundamental understanding of how to use Off Camera Flash on location.
There seems to be a lot of interest in this topic. Over the past few years I have been evolving my photography from a pure landscape/seascape photographer to include people in my images. S
urprisingly, I have really enjoyed the fun and the extra dimension that working with models can add to your landscape/seascape/urbanscape photography, so I’m going to share everything I’ve learned in this 1 day intensive workshop.
This will be a full day workshop, by the end of the day you’ll be exhausted, but hopefully you will be well on your way to enjoying the artistic creativity of off camera flash lighting on location. And you should have some pretty good shots to boot.
- I have secured an excellent and highly experienced strobist photographer to instruct alongside me
- We will have three models with us for the day, so that means you’ll be shooting plenty of setups during the day
- We will be holding the day at the incredible facilities of Sydney Props Specialist . If you haven’t seen their studio, check this out.
If you want to get a taste for what it is like to shoot in this location….. check out this video of a recent shoot that I did at Sydney Props Specialist.
This is what the day is looking like.
- 8:30 am – Arrive at Sydney Prop Specialists: Get settled, socialise, and meet your fellow workshop participants and instructors
- 9:00 am – Theory Session 1: We’ll go over all the theory including equipment, settings, flash metering, understanding max synch speed, balancing flash with ambient, triggering etc.
- 10:30 am – Coffee Break
- 10:45 am – Theory Session 2: – A look at light modifiers and demonstration of several different types
- 11:40 am – Grab An Early Lunch
- 12:30 pm – Location Shoot # 1: We’ll be splitting into two groups and doing our first lighting setups. You’ll all get a chance to direct the model and shoot.
- 1:30 pm – Location Shoot # 2: The groups will swap instructors/models and setup and shoot a second scene.
- 2:30 pm – Break
- 3:00 pm – Location Shoot 3: Similar to the first two shoots, but more complex lighting setups.
- 4:00 pm – Location Shoot 4: We’ll swap models and instructors again so that you can shoot your fourth lighting setup of the day.
- 5:00 pm – Wrap: Talk about the highlights of the day and do a bit of decompressing.
I don’t know about you guys, but I reckon this sounds like one great way to spend a day! As per my other workshops, I have prepared top quality workshop materials for you to take away. All workshop attendees will receive a free copy of my new 70 page eBook on Off Camera Flash. For those of you that have attended my seascape workshop, you know that my goal is to make my workshops the “best you’ve ever been on”. I have a feeling that this one is going to be a cracker!!!
This workshop is going to be capped at 14 participants only so that each group has 7 participants to an instructor, so it will be first come best dressed. If you would like to reserve a place, please drop me a note at email@example.com